From cute animals to uplifting quotes, Instagram is stuffed with accounts providing daily doses of joy into their followers. Without a doubt, there are plenty of creative and thoughtful methods to take advantage of this platform; it’s designed to be aesthetically attractive, creative, and unforgettable. The thing is that teenagers require models. They do require great examples.
One good thing is, it’s possible to help your tween develop a positive Instagram account right from the beginning by getting them to follow people or groups which help them gain knowledge, get them to think creatively, are uplifting, and bring about positive growth.
We’re very excited to talk about 7 inspiring Instagram accounts for your teens to follow. They are the type of accounts which motivate us, and we hope they’ll do a similar thing for you!
1. Avery, @miss_germinoma
Around December 2018, 13-year-old Avery was clinically determined to have a germinoma tumor, a type of cancer. While she started her 4 rounds of therapy, she made a decision to create an Instagram page in order to share her journey along with the entire world.
“The doctor had told us that a third of the kids diagnosed with a germinoma are girls and that’s when it hit,” according to her story. “Miss Germinoma!” And so, @miss_germinoma came into this world!
2. Haile, @hailethomas
Haile is only 17, however she has long been an activist for eight years! At the time she was twelve, she started HAPPY (Healthy Active Positive Purposeful Youth) to assist at-risk communities get access to healthy food. She has also her own personal podcast in which she interviews some other empowering women and gives nutritious recipes in her YouTube channel.
3. Megan, @bodyposipanda
If you want a lovable account stuffed with body positivity, lovable selfies, and hair inspiration, then follow Megan. She is a body positive activist who’ll bring in some sunshine into your feed. Megan Crabbe’s dedication to the way we look at our bodies has found her generate over one million of followers in Instagram, and it’s certainly the encouraging message behind those social squares which we really love her for.
4. Sam, @samdylanfinch
The queer blogger, Sam talks about anything from mental health to eating issues, exposing his continuous journey to handle the challenges a lot of us encounter. Sam is the creator of Let’ s Queer Things Up! – a blog evaluating the crossing points of mental health and queerness. He is as well an editor on the magazine called Everyday Feminism. He is most widely known for his strong narratives regarding his life as being a genderqueer and bipolar.
5. Pranjal, @itsaprandawg
A social justice coordinator and activist, Panjal isn’t scared to speak up what’s on her mind and encourage all those around her. She wished to show us that everyone of us is beautiful simply because beauty could exist in several various forms.
6. Sara, @misssaramora
Co-founder of Women’s March Youth, Sara is going out to improve the world. Sara has changed into a sought-after voice on the battle for immigrants’ rights being the co-founder of Women’s March Youth, and then the founder of Who Is Our 2020 – a social platform for supporting youth voter turnout and involvement. Her online existence is focused on the concept that migration is a human right as well as a humanitarian crisis.
7. Noor, @nooraldayeh
A body-positive influencer, Noor is utilizing her platform to communicate regarding eating disorders as well as mental health awareness, she actually started the Education Emotion Project, that’s trying to offer mental health practical information for all. Inspired by the accomplishment of her English project, she started publishing regarding her journey on the internet – revealing insights about becoming a competitive athlete being trained in tap, jazz, hiphop and ballet as well as the stigma around talking about mental illness on the Middle-Eastern community.
The lockdown is causing us to do all sorts of things such as baking and organizing our homes. However if you’re considering kids, it turns into a challenging part. Particularly during this time period, when essentially it would have already been their summer holiday, you would probably like them to be involved in productive pursuits. It certainly becomes hard, being a parent, to deal with household tasks, as well as office work, together with having to attend to kid’s needs, that is a full-time job by itself. Of course, if quarantining is making life hard for grown ups, it should be similar, or even more, for children. Children’s mental health could be impacted by quarantine and social distancing, and could result in particular phobias. It’s extremely important to maintain life as normal and a routine would be beneficial .
Don’t allow the guilt in about this one. It’s true that training children to carry out household tasks develops character as well as independence. Children really like enjoying outdoors and unstructured activity is a requirement for them. Having the quarantine, it could be extremely hard to handle them and tempers can easily go high as a result of frustration! Parents could certainly arrange things to help make it simpler both on themselves as well as their kids. Listed here are the top 10 tips for entertaining your kid during COVID-19 lockdown.
1. Here are the top tips: Keep in mind, it is great to create a routine, however do not pressure them to undertake a stringent routine every single day. This could usually make them become bored very easily.
2. Make an effort to make every single day different. Doing the same things each day is good, however consider alternating the activities. Help them to go through something they have never experienced before (things like painting, baking, and many others)
3. Take the time to laugh! Make sure to take some time from your day to make them laugh, simply because they are not gonna remember that time whenever mom and dad were stressed all of the time. What will they remember is that when mom and dad we’re home all of the time and spent the time to play.
4. You do not need to shop for all of the costly toys to play for them. Small children are usually pleased with a cardboard box combined with their imagination. In addition, allow them to play in the garden or bring them to get a brief local walk, allow them to look at the bees in the flowers as well as the birds on the trees.
5. Try out creating a blanket den or perhaps a pillow fort. Once again, they’ll make use of their imaginations to make-believe it’s a pirate ship or an igloo in the Northern Pole.
6. Enjoy a pyjama day. As what stated before, the routine is great. At times it’s good to remain in your comfies and simply enjoy films all day long.
7. Have a good messy day! Pick up some sand, water, paints, playdough, and many others, and allow them to spend playtime with it. As mentioned before, allow them to discover and experience interesting things. (Just be sure to shield everything you DON’T want to get messy!)
8. Plenty Of Cuddles! Right this moment, they’ll most likely need some more support than normal. They will be quite as worried as you regarding all the things.
9. Always keep in mind, imagination is vital! Allow them to imagine the floor is lava. Or that the clothing ends up in Narnia. This will make the days pass by a bit faster.
10. Involve them in your every day routine. It’ll make them feel as if they’re becoming helpful and useful! And you never know, they may even love it!
1) Smoking will make you anxious, irritated and depressed
While smoking a cigarette can make you feel energised momentarily, you begin to feel tired as the effects subside. That’s when the crave kicks in, which is no surprise since scientists have found that nicotine is as addictive as heroin, cocaine or amphetamines.
In other words, smoking physically changes your brain and when it stops getting the nicotine it is used to, you may feel anxious, irritable and depressed.
2) Your heart will be stressed and your blood sticky
Smoking raises your blood pressure and puts stress on your heart which weakens it and makes it less able to pump blood to other parts of your body. It also makes your blood sticky which is more likely to form blood clots that block flow to your heart, brain and lungs. Smoking lowers good cholesterol levels and raises blood pressure, which can result in stretching of the arteries and a buildup of bad cholesterol (atherosclerosis).
3) Less hair, poor vision and stretch marks ruin your looks
If you are concerned about how you look you should immediately quit smoking because it can not only cause premature thinning of your hair but can also impair your vision besides giving your face wrinkles and stretch marks — the last thing one would want on their face.
4) Smoking affects your sense of taste and disturbs digestive system
Smoking will slowly kill your taste buds and will depress your appetite so you may not be getting all the nutrients your body needs. A smoker is at great risk of developing oral problems. Tobacco use can cause gum inflammation (gingivitis) or infection (periodontitis). These problems can lead to tooth decay, tooth loss, and bad breath. Further, smoking contributes to many common disorders of the digestive system, such as heartburn and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), peptic ulcers, and some liver diseases.
5) Smoking gives you chronic cough
Smokers have a higher risk of developing respiratory infections which cause frequent colds and flu. In a condition called emphysema, the air sacs in your lungs are destroyed. In chronic bronchitis, the lining of the tubes of the lungs becomes inflamed. Over time, smokers are at increased risk of developing these forms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Years of lung irritation can give you a chronic cough with mucus.
6) It damages your ‘identity’
Our bodies are made up of cells which contain genetic material, or DNA, that acts as an instruction manual for cell growth and function and every single puff of a cigarette damages it. When the DNA is damaged, the instruction manual gets messed up and the cell can begin growing out of control. The body tires to repair the damage that smoking does to the DNA, but over time, smoking can wear down this repair system and lead to a cancer.
7) Smokers are at a higher risk of infertility
Smokers are at a higher risk of infertility and may encounter difficulties in achieving orgasm. While smoking can affect a man’s ability to get an erection due to restricted blood flow, it may also cause a premature menopause to women smokers. It also increases a woman’s risk of cervical cancer.
Women smokers experience more complications of pregnancy, including miscarriage, problems with the placenta, and premature delivery. Also, pregnant mothers who are exposed to secondhand smoke are also more likely to have a baby with low birth weight. Babies born to mothers who smoke while pregnant are at greater risk of low birth weight, birth defects, and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
8) It gives you cancers of all sorts
A single cigarette contains over 4,800 chemicals which can cause cancer almost anywhere in your body including, bladder, blood (acute myeloid leukemia), cervix, colon and rectum (colorectal), esophagus, kidney and ureter, larynx, liver, oropharynx (includes parts of the throat, tongue, soft palate, and the tonsils), pancreas, stomach, trachea, bronchus, and lung. Smoking also increases the risk of dying from cancer and other diseases in cancer patients and survivors.
As a parent, getting to know that your teenager has succumbed to addiction can be devastating, disappointing, and shocking. No one wants to spend their hard-earned money educating their child, only to find out that they are drug addicts. Many parents will end up blaming themselves and wondering what they did wrong. Some will resent their teenager for not following the right path and being in the wrong crowd. These feelings are understood and are quite reasonable. However, the next steps you take can make or break the child. Get to know what caused it and get them into rehab. Avoid pointing fingers and accept the situation as it is. Doing this will help the family adjust to the new normal, and help them get through this difficult time.
Once the teenager has gone to rehab and is ready to come back home, parents get into a panic mode. This is because they are not sure if they will be able to handle it. For those parents who are stressed on how to go about this situation, read on. Below are some of the things that you can do to make them feel comfortable and not steer them back into addiction.
The parents should try at all costs not to bring up the teenager’s past mistakes. As a parent, you should remember that everyone makes mistakes, and your teenager is no different. Once you keep reminding them of their past mistakes, they will build a wall against you and may go back to the same vices. Have honest conversations with them, but be positive and show them that you believe in them. Children always want to make their parents proud; hence, when they see that you are positive and think that they can remain sober, they will work tirelessly to prove you right.
In case you are an addict as a parent, your child will most likely get back into it since they follow what they see their parents doing. It is therefore advised for the parents to be good role models. Do not disapprove of a substance and then use it, since your children will not take you seriously. An example of this is telling them not to smoke, yet they see you smoking every day. Doing this will make them not take you seriously with your advice; hence, they will not make changes if you are not doing so.
Do not give up on them; this may be a hard thing to do, and it will break your heart when they relapse, but it is crucial to know that it happens. Relapses are quite frequent, but the goal is to encourage them every time they fall, that they can rise. Encourage them every step of the way since addiction is a disease that takes a long time to cure. When they relapse, it is advised to talk to them and find out what caused it. Later, strategize on how you will go forward from there — work on the causation, and not the child. Once you give up, they will have no option but to relapse permanently.
Also, do not forget that your teenager is still a kid and that they love experimenting. Do not get too caught up and forget that they were doing it for the thrill. This will help you understand them and help them through the journey. Have faith that they will get better and do not be too hard on them as you might lose them along the way.
As a parent with a teenager fighting addiction, it is crucial to remember that you are not responsible for their addiction. Do not beat yourself up and look for ways to fix it, as that cannot happen in a day. It takes a lot of patience to help your kid, and they will need you now more than ever.
When a teacher has a student needs to learn what is necessary but will not always listen is a difficulty that many teachers experience. It is not always a simple process to get a person to learn if they don’t want to. Sometimes, there will be a student that has a different idea in mind. They may not pay attention to what needs to be dealt with or they may really have a problem with concentrating. These types of problems do exist on a regular basis and a teacher needs to know what tips are appropriate for getting the student to be organized in the proper way so that they will learn.
7 Best Tips For Organizing The Student
There are ways of encouraging the student and helping them to stay organized in a manner that is not seen as nagging. A student that is nagged will not perform up to the standards that are required merely out of spite in many cases. That is why a different approach is necessary. Here are 7 tips for organizing a student:
- A Planner – A student that uses a planner can make it a personal one. They can add stickers to it to make it their own. Let them be as creative as possible when they are making their planner. All of their information and schedules can be included in this planner so that they are not carrying too many other unnecessary items around with them.
- Sticky Notes – Those little sticky notes come in really handy for students. Encourage them to put them where they will see them. This can be on their desk, bookshelves, mirror, doors, and more. Sticky notes come in all different sizes, shapes, and colors so they will be able to pick the one that they will notice more.
- Break Down Big Tasks – Show the student how to break down the most difficult tasks into simpler ones. This will assist them in finding ways to complete a project step by step. As they complete each task, they should mark it off so that they know that they are accomplishing their goals.
- Proper Diet, Exercise, And Sleep – The student needs to eat, exercise, and sleep on a regular basis. If that means that they have to forego some of their fun, they need to understand this. Tell them to make sure that they eat while they are studying to promote even more of their attention when it is needed. They should also be encouraged to exercise during breaks from studying.
- Declutter – Sometimes, students can have too many things lying around. They need to file occasionally and throw items away that are not necessary to have
- Routines – Allow the student to set up a routine for himsel or herself. It should be one that they can stick too so that they don’t become frustrated or fail at keeping up with it
- Rewards – Since studying can take up a lot of time, the results are doing well with the requirements of their classes and their exams. If they do well and complete everything, suggest a small reward for doing a great job. This can be a special treat or something small that they can get for themselves when they have reached their goals.
Another idea for motivation is to set up meetings with a recruitment agency early on so they can start to get excited about their future prospects and put in the work to get where they want to go.
Teachers that follow these tips have a higher chance of reaching their students. This will allow the student to do well at their studies so that they can feel successful. Since this is what learning is all about, a teacher should use the tips to further the learning process of their students.
Many people don’t see the reason to take good care of their bodies until something has gone wrong. They tend to take their health for granted, but once problems start coming up and can longer be ignored, they start to stress out, which makes it even worse. Taking good care of your body is one of the biggest investment you will make towards living a healthy and happy life. Treating diseases is way more difficult compared to preventing it. You should make your health your priority. If you are interested in getting your life back on track and live and achieve great, you need to introduce new habits.
Organizing your medical records
One of the most important things when it comes to maintaining good health is medical history. This is what doctors will use to get an insight into your body. When you go to the doctor, make sure you have properly stored the records in a big binder and have it in one place. This can be an MRI scan, X-ray, or even blood analysis. If there is a problem, a doctor can look at your medical history and see whether there is a problem. Having your body in the best shape is important when it comes to achieving your goals in life.
Stop avoiding doctors
People tend to avoid visiting the doctor when they have issues, especially dentists. The doctor can easily deal with the problem before it becomes something serious. You should make doctor visits part and parcel of your routine. Visiting a dentist regularly will ensure your dental health is good and can provide treatment if there is a problem with your mouth. When diagnosed early, many diseases and conditions can be treated easily and it will end up costing you less.
Making lifestyle changes
The basics of good health and looks are diet and an active lifestyle. There is no other way around it, you have to eat right and have an active lifestyle. You don’t have to go to the gym and lift weights or even hours doing cardio, but try doing something that increases your heartbeat. Some of the popular options are yoga, swimming, home workouts, cycling, running, walking, gardening, etc.
One way to keep track of your eating habits is by cooking instead of eating out. This way, you will have an easier time keeping track of your calorie intake, and you can balance your meals to ensure you are getting the daily recommended nutrients intake. The healthiest food options are vegetables, fruits, lean meats such as fish, and whole grain. If you don’t have enough time to cook daily, you can meal prep. This is where you pick a day of the week to cook a lot of food to last you the week then divide it into containers. This way, you will have enough meals to last you the entire week. This means you just have to take the food out of the fridge and warm it.
It is important to have a normal sleep pattern. The body gets the chance of resting and recuperating when you are asleep. One of the worst things for your body is having your body constantly tired. You should try going to bed and getting up at the same time every day, this includes the weekends. When you stay up too late or sleeping till noon on the weekends trying to “catch up” sleep will end up messing everything. You will end up feeling tired the next morning.
You have the power to make all the decisions concerning your body, and you are the one who can change your life. Use the above tips to improve the quality of your life and improve your health. You will feel great.